Your child’s fever refuses to come down in the middle of the night. Your spouse’s eye appears infected, but your primary care physician does not have appointments available until next week. That spill you took on the bike might have caused a bad sprain, but it could be a break. You have a busy week at work and can’t afford to spend hours waiting to see a doctor.
In the past, patients dealing with these and similar health issues were forced to visit a hospital to get the care they needed. But now there is a better option that is spreading across the nation: free-standing emergency rooms like local Highland Park Emergency Center on Lemmon near the Tollway.
Free-standing ERs offer the full range of medical care available at a typical hospital ER, but without the hassle of long lines and dirty waiting rooms. Unlike primary care offices or clinics, free-standing ERs offer board-certified specialists in emergency medicine who specialize in both adults and pediatrics. In addition, they provide around-the-clock care as they are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Patients can benefit from:
- Shorter wait times than hospital ERs, which often require a three- or four-hour wait
- More flexible hours than a typical doctor’s office or emergency clinic, which have limited hours overnight and on weekends
- More comprehensive care under one roof than primary care doctors or clinics can offer
Common ailments and conditions treated at free-standing ERs include:
- Abdominal pain and vomiting
- Head injuries
- Chest pain
- Wounds, cuts and sprains
- Skin rashes
- Coughs, colds, fever, sore throat and flu
- Animal bites
Currently, there are very few free-standing ERs in the country. The Highland Park Emergency Center’s focus is on high-quality medical care, coupled with convenience and comfort:
- Beautiful facilities and friendly staff
- Contact with an emergency room physician within minutes
- Care from experienced physicians who are board-certified in emergency medicine, as well as nurses with extensive training and experience in emergency room and intensive care settings
- In-house radiology equipment for x-rays, CAT scans and ultrasounds, with results available in minutes
- On-site laboratory with most results available in 15 minutes
- Certified and stocked pharmacy on site
- Seamless transfer to a nearby inpatient hospital for admission, when needed
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
When should you visit a free-standing ER?
- Whenever you need immediate medical care, any problem, any time.
The next time you have a healthcare emergency, visit Highland Park Emergency Center. No appointment is necessary. You can walk in at 5150 Lemmon Avenue, Suite 108, or call 214-443-8131.
Highland Park Emergency Center
5150 Lemmon Ave Suite 108
Dallas, Texas 75209