Presented by Highland Park Village and chaired by Cory Lukens Bowen and Krista Porteous with Allie Beth Allman as honorary chair, the morning will begin with a VIP Meet and Greet Reception with Christina Dandar of The Potted Boxwood as moderator, and featured speakers Cathy Kincaid, award-winning interior designer and principal of Cathy Kincaid Interiors, Ltd. and Wilson Fuqua, visionary architect and owner and principal architect, Fuqua and Associates. The VIP reception will be held for top sponsors beginning at 11:00 a.m., presented by ROSE GOLD Rosé. Cathy will be signing copies of her book The Well Adorned Home: Making Luxury Livable.
Guests will also have the opportunity to win a full tablescape in the raffle curated by none other than Christina. She continues to fill the Preservation Park Cities Instagram feed with layered interiors, Southern door fronts, well-groomed landscapes, and all that is #ChicinDallas. Raffle tickets are $100 each.
After registration there will be a seated luncheon along with announcements and the featured speakers presentations. Discussing topics ranging from home decor trends to art selection, these three panelists will speak on their experience working in architecturally significant homes and illustrating how they have been remodeled and updated to serve the lifestyle needs of families today.
The Distinguished Speaker Luncheon celebrates historic preservation and is designed to generate awareness of the role history and preservation play in enhancing the quality of life for everyone who lives and works in the Park Cities communities. D Home is presenting magazine sponsor. Amy Beale is president of Preservation Park Cities.
Individual tickets are $300 each. Table sponsorships start at $3,000 up to $10,000 with varying benefits. Marketing sponsorships start at $5,000 up to $7,000. All are available here: https://www.preservationparkcities.org/luncheon Contact the office manager at 214-528-0021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Historic Home Tour, Distinguished Speaker Luncheon and the Park Cities Car Show are the organization’s only fundraisers each year. The proceeds are allocated to help further our mission to celebrate and promote the preservation of Park Cities architecture, history, aesthetics, and cultural traditions.
• The purpose of the annual Historic Home Tour is to showcase architecturally and historically significant homes of the Park Cities and illustrate how these homes have been restored or remodeled to serve the lifestyle needs of families today.
• The organization landmarks architecturally and historically significant homes in the Park Cities, some of which are on the Historic Home Tour.
• Members of the organization enjoy historic and preservation oriented educational programs.
Preservation Park Cities Mission:
Preservation Park Cities mission is to preserve and promote the history, architecture, aesthetics, and cultural traditions of the Park Cities. Proceeds of the Distinguished Speaker Luncheon, Historic Home Tour and the Classic and Antique Car Show will be used to fund:
- Property Landmarking
- Stewardship of the PPC archives at the UP Library
- HPISD Architecture/History Student Scholarship Award
- The Park Cities House at Dallas Heritage Village
- The Distinguished Chair for History at HPHS
- The “Save the Top 100” campaign and publication of a new book
Membership in PPC is open to the community. For more information visit www.preservationparkcities.org
Photo by Rob Wythe/Wythe Portrait Studio