Even though you cannot change the temperature outside at will, you can control the climate inside of your home — if you have a properly functioning air conditioner, that is.
After a mild winter in Dallas and with hot months looming ahead, it’s important to make sure your air conditioning system is in proper working order. Here are several warning signs that your home’s AC unit may need to be repaired or replaced:
- Home Doesn’t Cool Down: If your home doesn’t get cool, your air conditioner may just need refrigerant, or the problem could be something more serious. The filter may just need a good cleaning, but it could need something bigger like a new compressor.
- Power Bill Increases: During the summer months, it’s normal for a home’s electrical bill to increase, but your AC unit may need repairs if your bill continues to rise after you have cut back or not changed the amount of its usage.
- Mildew Smell: If your air conditioner is emitting a mildew odor, it may need to be properly cleaned.
- Water Leakage: One sign of a problem with an air conditioning unit is when water puddles start forming around it, caused by a leak or a possible blockage in the system. If ignored, one of these problems could lead to bigger and more expensive issues.
- Older Than 15 Years: Many home AC units can last for 15 years or more, but if your unit has reached that age, it could use a professional inspection to determine if it is still functioning properly or should be repaired or replaced.
If your AC unit needs to be replaced, the average cost ranges between $5,000 and $10,000. At Hooper Plumbing and Air Conditioning, we have several financing options through GE Capital to help meet our customers’ needs. There are low monthly payment options and 0% options.
Some of our air conditioning units can be financed for as low as $125 per month, which can be less than the amount of the energy savings, depending on the unit. This allows our customers to upgrade to higher quality and more efficient systems. Financing is often a good option, because unlike a car that may need replacing as soon as it’s paid off, your AC system should last for 15 years or more.
For more information call Hooper today!
Hooper Plumbing & Air Conditioning
6725 Hillcrest Ave., Suite A
Dallas, TX 75205