Note: This recipe is from my sister in law, Anne Marie. They are the best gingerbread cookies that I have ever had and the kids love decorating them.
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup margarine (you can sub in butter - we have a food allergy in the family and make them with dairy free margarine)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
In small bowl, stir flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl w/ mixer at med speed, beat margarine to soften.
- Add sugar, beat until well blended.
- Beat in corn syrup and egg until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, beating until smooth
Divide dough into quarters and wrap each. Freeze ½ hour, then transfer to fridge.
On floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to 1/8 inch thickness.
With cookie cutters, cut into shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 7 minutes. Add icing
1 pkg (16oz) powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites at room temp
- ¼ tsp cream of tarter
In large bowl w/ mixer, stir powdered sugar, egg whites and cream of tartar until well blended. Beat on high speed for 10 min
Saffie Leedy Farris
Email Us Your Recipes: email@example.com