- 6 pieces of bacon cooked crispy and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3-4 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 small bag of little carrots
- 8-10 small fingerling potatoes
- 3 onions – cut into quarters
- 1 small container of mushrooms sliced
- 5 garlic cloves – minced and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 cups of Cabernet or Burgundy (cheap one - you are cooking with it)
- 1 cup of chicken or beef broth
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme ( one teaspoon dried)
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- Cook bacon and cut into small pieces
- Layer in the crockpot – Carrots, Potatoes, Onions, Mushrooms, Meat
- Mix wine, broth, tomato sauce, garlic, and spices together and pour over meat
- Add bay leaf
- Cook 8 hours on low.
About an hour before serving, mix 3 tablespoons of flour with 1/3 cup of water and stir very well to get the lumps out. This mixture should be smooth. Stir into crockpot.
I typically removed the meat at the point and chop on into chunks. And let the broth thicken a bit before I put the meat back in.
Saffie Leedy Farris
Help us build a connected community by inviting your neighbors and friends to BubbleLife. Click here to send an email invitation.