This is an easy weekend favorite that will keep for a couple of days.
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (dried is fine too)
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 tsp of dried red pepper flakes (we like it hot, so I put in 2-3 tsp)
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breast - cut in strips
- 2 10oz package of spinach - thawed and squeezed dry
- salt, pepper
- 8oz fettucini - freshly cooked
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add onion, basil, garlic and red pepper. Cook until onion is soft. Add Chicken and saute, until cooked - about 10 minutes or so. Stir in Spinach, season with salt and pepper.
Put cooked pasta in a large bowl, add the chicken mixture, Parmesan Cheese and toss. Drizzle with Orange Juice.
Recipe is From Tampa Treasure Cookbook - Junior League of Tampa
Saffie Leedy Farris
Share Your Recipes! Email them to: email@example.com