- 1 Chicken, Cooked, Meat Removed and Chopped into Small Chunks
- 1 Onion - Chopped Finely
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 1 Large 7-oz Can Chopped Green Chiles ( or 2 Small 4-oz Cans)
- 1 8-oz Pckg of Cream Cheese - Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 10-12 Pckg Flour Tortillas
- 8-oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Pint Whipping Cream (or Half-&-Half)
Sauté butter and onion until onions are clear and tender. Add chopped green chiles, diced chicken and cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt over low heat. Add chicken broth. Bring to a low simmer.
Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Place enchiladas in dish (approx. 7x11”). Top with shredded Monterey jack cheese. When ready to bake, por whipping cream (or half- &-half) over all. Bake at 300° for 1 hour or until bubbly. Also make Pico to go on top.
Comments from Saffie
I have made this several times and it is easy and really good. Very easy to cheat with an already roasted chicken. I spice it up with Chipoltle Chili Power (1 tablespoon) and some fresh Jalopenos. I also use corn tortillas instead of flour.
Saffie Leedy Farris
Email Us Your Recipes: firstname.lastname@example.org