Features Daily Activities and Fun Interactive Educational Experiences
Spring Break destinations for day trips, vacations and other ideas should include a variety of interactive fun for kids. Bring the whole family and come soar to new heights with one-of-a-kind activities at the Frontiers of Flight Museum March 13-17. The event is free with paid museum admission and free for museum members. Visit: http://www.flightmuseum.com/event/spring-break-week-2017/.
Kids will discover the world of aviation and space with an array of daily themed activities from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the Frontiers of Flight Museum’s Spring Break Exploration. Highlights will include interactive events featuring planes, helicopters, flight simulators, crafts and so much more!
Leave your serious face at home and get ready for endless, hands-on activities all throughout the Museum. Aviation experts and volunteers will be on hand to engage kids in a variety of unique flight experiences with a lineup that changes every day.
Frontiers of Flight Museum Spring Break Exploration Events:
Monday, March 13: Helicopter Day
- Take a seat inside a CareFlight helicopter
- Talk to the pilots
- Construct your own paper helicopter and launch it inside a 7-foot wind tube
Tuesday, March 14: Open Cockpit Day
- Try out our supersonic T-38 and F-4 jets cockpit simulators
- Explore inside our Bell UH-1 “Huey” and Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-300
- Talk to the pilots who flew these aircraft
Wednesday, March 15: Galactic Adventure Day
- Get a sneak peek of the upcoming Aug 21 solar eclipse in SPOC, (Space Portal Odyssey Capsule) our portable planetarium.
- Get a close look at the Sun through a solar telescope*
* Our solar telescope is equipped with a special filter that makes it safe for solar viewing.
You should never look directly at the Sun.
Thursday, March 16: Paper Airplane Day
- Create your own paper airplanes
- Experiment to see which design travels furthest is the most accurate, and has the longest time aloft
Friday, March 16: Flight Simulator Day
- Explore virtual aircraft in our flight simulators
- Learn aerial navigation
For more information on how you can participate in Spring Break Exploration at the Frontiers of Flight Museum on March 13-17 visit: www.flightmuseum.com.
About the Frontiers of Flight Museum
The Frontiers of Flight Museum is conveniently located just north of downtown on Lemmon Avenue at the southeast side of Dallas Love Field Airport, north of Mockingbird Lane. Housed in a modern 100,000-square-foot facility, the Museum provides a focal point to explore the history and progress of aviation, as mankind continues to pursue going higher, faster and farther. Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Admission: Adults $10; Seniors (65+) $8; Youths/Students (3-17) $7 and children under 3 are free. For more information, visit www.flightmuseum.com.