Insurance is designed to protect you, your family and your property from unexpected circumstances, but it’s important that your life, homeowners or auto insurance plan is up to date. If your family is in the midst of a major life event, contact your insurance provider to confirm your coverage plan still fits your lifestyle.
Review your insurance annually or during key life changes such as these:
- Your family configuration changes. If you’re getting married, expecting a baby, or adopting a child in the coming months, you’ll want to protect your growing family with adequate life insurance and disability income insurance. If a family member is lost through death or divorce, make time to review your policy and change beneficiary designations as needed on existing policies.
- Your children grow up. If you have a new teen driver in the family, it’s important to have proper auto insurance. Your State Farm agent can tell you about discounts that may be available. If your student is leaving for college or has recently graduated, now is a good time to consider personal property, liability and renters insurance for the new apartment or house he or she may be renting.
- You’re planning a move. If you move homes, make sure that your homeowners insurance adequately covers the new property. An impending move is also a good opportunity to update your home inventory — whether you’re adding items such as new furniture or scaling back for a move to a smaller home. Even if you aren't moving locations, be sure to review coverage if you've remodeled or added on to your home.
- You’re starting a business. If you’re looking to open a business with rented office space or you plan on running it out of your home, include a thorough insurance review in your start-up plans. Depending on the size of your operation, you may have to consider property and liability, commercial vehicle and workers’ compensation coverage, as well as a health care plan for employees. If you’re a sole proprietor working from home, be sure to review your homeowners plan to see that your business and equipment are fully covered.
- You need health insurance options. In today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment, it’s easy to get confused about the best healthcare option for your family. If your current plan is up for renewal or if you've been downsized and need brand-new coverage, take the time to compare plan features against your family’s current or anticipated needs.
If you have questions about a possible change in coverage or if it’s time to review your existing insurance plan, contact Brent Cooper, a Dallas-based State Farm agent, at 214-987-1995. Brent will determine if your current coverage is right for your family and can help you if a coverage adjustment is necessary.
Serving the Insurance needs of the Dallas Neighborhoods of University Park, Highland Park, Lake Highlands, Preston Hollow, Oak Cliff, and Coppell.