Dan and Polly McKeithen, Classic and Antique Car Show chairs
The Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society presents the Classic and Antique Car Show presented by URBAN/Allie Beth Allman and Associates
Saturday, April 27th. Free and Open To The Public!
Polly and Dan McKeithen, Chairs, Classic and Antique Car Show
- Rain Date: Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Where: Burleson Park, 3000 University Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
- Tickets: Free to the public. A ticket is not necessary.
- Operation Kindness will host an educational booth.
- Genesis Women’s Shelter will have a booth.
- EarthX will have a booth.
- Friends of the University Park Public Library will host a book sale.
- Youth Judging Event: There will be children's activities including a Youth Judging Event sponsored by Hagerty Insurance to teach young car enthusiasts about what makes a vehicle a collectible. This year’s youth judging event is part of a series of programs designed to open the eyes of young people to the excitement and camaraderie of the collector vehicle hobby. “Young Judges” will have the opportunity to view show vehicles close up and interact directly with their owners. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions of Hagerty guides and the owners, as this is first and foremost an opportunity to learn about automotive history.
- There will also be a special category for younger car enthusiasts to enter their favorite pedal cars, pocket bikes and power wheels.
- There will be a jump house, photo bus and balloon car races.
- Event registration for car owners: 8:30 a.m. Fee: $25 in advance. $35 at the door.
- Show opens at 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- Food and drink available.
- Hard surface parking for show vehicles.
- Show vehicles in multiple classes.
- Trophies will be awarded in different categories TBD.
- Club Participation Award.
- Media sponsor: ESPN Dallas/Fort Worth 103.3FM
- Contact for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What: Park Cities Historic and Preservation Society’s (PCHPS) annual Historic Home Tour, Distinguished Speaker Luncheon, and the Classic and Antique Car Show celebrate historic preservation and are designed to generate awareness of the role history and preservation play in enhancing the quality of life for everyone who lives and works in the Park Cities communities.
Who: Luncheon and Home Tour Honorary Chairs: Gigi Potter Salley and Roy Salley
Luncheon Co-Chairs: Shelby Fuqua and Julia Fuqua.
Historic Home Tour Chair: Suzie Curnes
Classic and Antique Car Show Chairs: Polly and Dan McKeithen
PCHPS President: Venise Stuart
Overview: PCHPS mission is to preserve and promote the history, architecture, aesthetics and cultural traditions of the Park Cities. Proceeds of the 2019 Luncheon will be used to help preserve and maintain the Park Cities House at Dallas Heritage Village, support the new PCHPS archives at the University Park Library, fund the Society’s landmarking initiatives and award scholarships to Highland Park High School graduating seniors planning to study architecture or history. Membership in PCHPS is open to the public. For more information visit www.pchps.org
Social photos by Chris Waits and Rob Wythe/Gittings