Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 8, 2017 for the annual gala
AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments
AWARE president and Park Cities resident Venise Stuart has announced the grant recipients for the 2016 – 2017 year. Applications were submitted from nonprofit organizations located in Dallas and Collin County which are working on the front lines in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. The final selections have been made and the recipients are:
- Center for BrainHealth: Support for research aimed at slowing the rate of cognitive decline in patients with Early Mild Cognitive Impairment;
- Juliette Fowler Homes, Inc.: Support for an expansion in the Art Therapy Program for residents who live with various stages of Alzheimer's and related dementias;
- NorthPark Presbyterian Church: Support for the Casa de Vida program offering affordable respite care for caregivers of individuals diagnosed with beginning-to-middle stage dementia being cared for at home;
- Presbyterian Communities and Services Foundation: Support for the Grace Caring Fund which provides a safety net for Alzheimer's and dementia residents experiencing financial hardship ensuring that they can continue living at Grace;
- The Senior Source: Support for Senior Companions (volunteers) to provide independent living services to adults with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias;
- Texas Winds Musical Outreach: Support for Musical Therapy Concerts for Seniors in Priority Facilities;
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center: Support for the Clinical Neurology Fellowship Program.
AWARE is dedicated to fighting Alzheimer’s disease, and its mission is to provide funding and support to nonprofit organizations that are working on the front lines to fight this disease in Dallas and the North Texas region. Through the Dallas Foundation’s Field of Interest grant program, applications to the AWARE fund were received from nonprofit organizations located in Dallas and Collin County that are working on the front lines in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease. Through the grant application review process, AWARE selects the most outstanding groups that provide services, programs, education, and resources to those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, their families and caregivers, and to organizations doing valuable research to find a prevention and cure.
AWARE is proud to support nonprofit organizations that share its mission and are also dedicated to fighting Alzheimer’s disease. “Together we will make a difference.”
The grants are partially funded with proceeds from the annual fundraiser, AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments, chaired by Angela Fontana and Andre Szuwalski along with Penny Reid and Thomas Nolan, happening on Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas. The event features a silent and live auction, three course dinner and dancing to the fabulous Georgia Bridgewater Orchestra.
AWARE membership is open to the public. AWARE provides its members important opportunities to participate in a variety of ways to become engaged in the all-important fight to end Alzheimer’s disease.
* Network – Members participate in a network of individuals, many of whom have a personal experience with Alzheimer’s disease through a family member, friend, medical or other professionals in the field.
* Education – Members learn the latest information about the causes, treatment, and research on Alzheimer’s through meetings, field trips, and speakers.
* Resources – Members work collaboratively to share information and best practices in the compassionate care of loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease.
* Donations – Members know that grant recipients of the AWARE fund have been professionally vetted by The Dallas Foundation to ensure that money invested in our local community is leveraged for the best possible results in the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease.
For more information on AWARE Affair Celebrate the Moments, the grants and membership in the AWARE organization, visit the website at www.awaredallas.org The Dallas Foundation, a 501(c)3 publicly supported charity, is the fiscal sponsor of AWARE.