Children's Defense Fund-Texas, which is a nonprofit advocacy group for children, had its Beat the Odds Kick-Off Party on April 18 at Hotel ZaZa's Art House and Social Gallery in honor of the organization's forthcoming awards luncheon.
The kick-off party had food from La Madeleine and drinks from Simi Winery. There was also a raffle for prizes from Facelogic, Hotel ZaZa, The Ranch, The Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar and Tootsies.
Here are some people who were spotted at the event:
- Kristen Jones: Beat the Odds Luncheon Chair.
- Sarah Palisi Chapin: Beat the Odds Honorary Chair.
- Beth Quill: Children’s Defense Fund Texas Executive Director.
- Courtney Arbour, Lara Ashmore, David Brown, Jane Didear, Allison Edwards, Matt Garcia: U.S. Congressman Pete Session’s Office.
- Fred Guerra: Dallas Chamber.
- Stephanie Holley, Rodney Baker: Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Donna Lee: Taco Bueno.
- Heather Lettieri, Alexis Logan, Chelsea Miller, Rodney Moore, Melissa Papaleo: People Report.
- Jose Reyes, Martha Rocha: Children’s Medical Center.
- Veronica Roper, Ben Salisbury: Constellation Wines.
- Reena Schellenberg: UT-Dallas.
- Claris Sukkar, Anthony Tillman: Southern Methodist University Assistant Provost.
- Jason Treu, Angelina Valencia, Keith Vinson: YMCA.
The Children's Defense Fund-Texas "Beat the Odds" program is meant to raise awareness about the challenges that children in Texas face. The third annual Beat the Odds Awards Luncheon on Nov. 16 at the Fairmont Hotel will honor high school seniors who received scholarships from Children's Defense Fund-Texas.